Sir Anthony Hopkins Hears The Waltz He Wrote 50 Years Ago For The First Time
Academy Award-winning actor Sir Anthony Hopkins was a musician before he got into acting. 50 years ago he wrote a waltz but was too afraid to ever hear it play. Dutch violinist André Rieu performs it for the very first time. Watch Hopkins’ reaction.
this is the video that worked for me! definitely listen, it’s a gorgeous song!
One of the best pieces I’ve ever heard. Fucking bravo. Holy shit.
Well this just made my day.
I’m doing this here because I am DAMN proud of what Eli and I have done, so I want to be able to brag, and strut, and parade our awesomeness for all to see!
Some of you might know, we’re doing this really cool writing project together. It started off as a half joke, and has…
Calm Bottle (aka Glitter Jar)
Goal: Anger management; Decreasing anxiety, fear, etc.; Aggression/anxiety physical release
- Container: This is typically made with a glass mason jar, but since I often make these with children I use water bottles with smooth sides.
- One bottle of clear glue (not white glue that dries clear), corn syrup, or glitter glue. I like using regular glue so I don’t have to deal with the hot water since I make these in my office.
- Water: It can be room temperature if you use regular glue but should be hot if glitter glue is used. If the water is not hot enough then the glitter will become clumpy and separate.
- Glitter: I use mostly super fine glitter with a little regular sized. I sometimes add sequins, beads, shells, plastic jewels, etc. Glow in the dark glitter looks really cool if you can find it. Less (or even none) is needed with glitter glue bottles
-Food coloring: This is optional. Only use one drop or it becomes difficult to see the glitter.
- Strong glue or duct tape: This is used to fasten the lid to the container. I like using colored duct tape.
- Making a Calm Bottle (clear glue or corn syrup): Fill the bottle 3/4 of the way full with water. Then add the glue (or corn syrup) and glitter. The more glue you use, the longer it will take the glitter to fall. I usually use the whole bottle. Add 1 drop of food coloring, if desired, and then glue/tape the lid on.
- Making a Calm Bottle (glitter glue): Instead of clear glue you can use glitter glue. If you go this rout then mix the glitter glue in a bowl with very hot water before adding it to the bottle. If the water is not hot enough then the glue will clump up and not work. You can add 1 drop of food color and additional glitter is desired.
-Using a Calm Bottle: I definitely suggest making this with your client, rather than for them. It is fun to make, they can personalize it, it will mean more to them and they will be much more likely to use it. When your client becomes upset, angry, frustrated, anxious, etc., direct them to shake the bottle vigorously as long as they want as an aggression/anxiety physical release activity. When they are finished they set the bottle down and watch the glitter fall as they use their favorite coping tool and/or deep breathing exercise.
-Other uses: This is a common coping tool used for people who self-harm and is easily adaptable to many clinical issues. I have also used this as a coping tool + timer for kids who are transitioning into sleeping in their own bed or have trouble focusing and are taking long breaks during homework. It is a highly adaptable to numerous therapeutic goals.
it looks pretty and is in a mason jar i need one
I could see this being used for a money spell… the glitter could be gold or silver and the water green or something…. A cool sigil on the top and a phrase to say when shaking it to bring more money into your life.
“And you get some special tea too Mr. Monster! Miss Piggy gets special juice!”
“What does Daddy get baby girl?”
“Daddy! You scareded me!!”
“So can Daddy join in too baby girl?”
“Sure Daddy! Buts you has to wear a crown too! The pink one is over there!*
“Uhhhh can’t Daddy have the gold one?”
“NO! Gold is sparkly and I is a star so I gets it. Pink is pretty!”
“Hmmmm okay little one… only if Daddy can make something else all pink later on…”
“Daddy!! Not in front of the stuffies!!”
I love her writings! theyre silly and fun and cute and she still puts naughty stuff in!
ships in which someone speaks English as a second language (◡‿◡✿)
ships where that someone slips into foreign swearing when upset (◕‿◕✿)
ships where that someone moans out foreign endearments when they’re with their lovers (ʘ‿ʘ✿)
SHIPS WITH BILINGUAL LOVERS (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:・ﾟ✧*:・ﾟ✧
So, I was watching Meet the Robinsons last night and this scene came up, and then this just sort of…happened.
not sure whether i should laugh or be worried
On a scale of Bowler Hat Guy to Elsa how well do you move past bad experiences in your life?